Dream Cruises is building a 204,000 gross ton cruise ship that will not only carry nearly 10,000 passengers at maximum capacity, but will also have the first ever cruise ship theme park with the longest roller coaster at sea.
In 2021, Dream Cruises will debut Global Dream, the first of two Global class cruise ships from the cruise line. The cruise ship is currently under construction and will carry more passengers than any other ship in the world.
Apart from the theme park, amenities will include a Cineplex, Asian and Western spas, ample shopping facilities as well as authentic Asian and international dining experiences and fast food restaurants.
Designed for two guests, the 2,500 staterooms can also accommodate up to four with a unique two bathroom design to allow several people to get ready at once and a sofa bed that easily unfolds to sleep two comfortably. A thoughtful touch is a privacy curtain that can be closed to divide the room into separate seating and sleeping areas, making the cabins suitable for families and group travelers. The cabins will be approximately 15% larger than standard cruise ship staterooms.
State-of-the-art technology will include Bluetooth locks and a new smart system allowing passengers to control different functions such as the LED mood lighting and climate control with a smartphone app, voice recognition or through a touch-screen control panel. Smart sensors will also be able to detect occupants in the cabin to automatically adjust the lights and temperature for better energy efficiency and triple vent air-conditioning outlets ensure even air distribution for maximum comfort.
The “Space Cruiser” will be the highlight of the “Dream Park at the Pier” – first-ever theme park concept at sea that will push the envelope of entertainment and leisure facilities available at sea for discerning cruise passengers looking for unique experiences.
Each of the three Spike carts will provide interactive driving excitement for up to two riders per vehicle with inline seats and an integrated throttle allowing guests to control the speed of the ride. Due to the unusual perspective, the driver of the “Space Cruiser” will have the feeling of flying over the sea.
With something for everyone, “Dream Park at the Pier” assembles a myriad of attractions including:
- Bounce Activity Park – Spread out over the size of a basketball court, this inflatable park isn’t the same old bouncy castles found at kiddie parties. Guests can run, bounce, dance and jump their way around the massive bouncy obstacle course for the ultimate nostalgia trip.
- Jump! – Bounce around to your heart’s content in a special trampoline park that will have you jumping for joy!
- Shark Bay – Unleash your inner daredevil on our bungee trampoline. Accomplish acrobatic feats while attached to a safety harness for maximum fun.
- Wipe Out – Ride the waves at our on board surf simulator. Whether you hang ten or hang out, you’ll have a wet and wild time with your friends.
- Cosmic Chaos – Spin, twirl, give it a whirl. Become a human gyro and get ready to tumble.
- Kranky Kraken – Kiddies can make friends with our amiable octopus and fly around in one of his many arms.
Little Dreamers Ride – Tiny tots can test their driving skills in our mini karts for some race-car hijinks – all in a safe and controlled environment.
And much, much more!
Global Dream will have 28 elevators and eight sets of escalators.
The Global Class ships will also be the largest cruise ships ever built in Germany and the world’s largest cruise ships in terms of passenger capacity.